:)

Learn the dance.. Live the dance.. Teach, talk and dance the dance!


"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

This was our second (and last) Thanksgiving in Korea.  We had a few friends over, tons of laughter, and LOTS of food.  I made a pecan pie from scratch (Jon said it was a bit runny, but otherwise good), a pumpkin pie and apple crisp.  Then came turkey, stuffing, rolls, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, creamed corn, and gravy.  We didn't have very many leftovers this year, for which I am extremely grateful. :P

I am diving into Christmas this weekend- the tree is up, with the branches somewhat rearranged.. lol.. James and Caitlynn hung their 2011 ornaments (Jacob didn't want to choose one, so his will be up later), we took down the fall decor, and brought out greenery and ornaments. :)  I am trying to get my December playgroup items finalized, along with a creative snack for each day, and am also finishing a couple of Advent things.  I am trying to keep it relaxed this year, and if I get to it, neato!  If I don't, oh well. 
Hopefully, I will have time tomorrow to post some pictures of what we are doing.  We are attending a birthday party at the Aeshin Orphanage down the road- they have 48 orphans there right now.  Up 3 from the last head count I heard a few months ago.  Our unit sponsors them.  I made cupcakes for each of them tonight, as well as some cookies for other people that are attending.  We are hosting an annual Christmas party for them right before Christmas- last year they brought their handbell choir- AMAZING!!  During the baking, Caitlynn said to me, " Mommy, are we going to bring some of the orphans home?"  Dumbstruck moment for me. I tried to frantically recall the verse where we are to care for orphans, but she beat me to it, sort of, by saying that she wanted some more brothers and sisters.  I told her that God would have to tell Daddy and I if that was what we were supposed to do- she said, oh, we should pray about it?  lol.. Talk about an eye opening conversation!

And since its 11:22pm, and I can hear Jamie asking to "get out", I think I'll go snuggle him back to sleep. :)

0 comments: