:)

Learn the dance.. Live the dance.. Teach, talk and dance the dance!


"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Riding the fence... the homeschooling fence, at least.

 Found out today that I could put J in school (kindergarten) for a couple hours a day, for only the subjects I want him to study, like pe, music, math, etc... and homeschool him the rest of the time.. Now Im wondering if I shouldnt just get over it and put him in, period.  No point in sending him for 3-4 hours a day only to come home and do more when he gets home.... But, also, if I finish homeschooling him through this year, he can go straight to second grade next year, since Sonlight is an accredited program.  I would just have to provide a portfolio, and he would have to take the second grade placement exam.  Soooo.. yeah.  I don't want to be selfish and put him in just so I would have one less kid at home, but I don't want to keep him out on the off chance that they can do a better job that me, even with 30 kids and one aide.  We can still do devotionals at home, over dinner, and talk about the memory verses in the mornings before I take him downstairs to the bus stop.. which was a major reason I homeschooled.  Theres a verse that says to teach the Bible to your children, when you walk along the road, and when you wake up and when you go to sleep... basically, teach them as much as you can as often as you can.. And if he's in school more than he's home and awake, how am I supposed to have the time to teach him about stuff like that?  I know I probably sound like a crazed loon.. lol.. but I'm really struggling with putting him in.  Am I some kind of control freak?  Jon was teasing me, and said, what, having a hard time letting go??  Srsly!!  Is that what I'm doing???

There are pros and cons to each side, and I DON'T want to be selfish and put him in just to go with the flow of everyone else.  I don't want him to have a negative experience with school, and I don't want him to constantly be in trouble like he was last year in the beginning of pre-k.  Yes, he will probably throw fits because school is more regimented than we are, and there will be another adult in charge... and I know there will be days that I have to literally drag him out of bed because he 'doesn't wanna go to school!'

Blah.  Need prayer.  Advice would be great. :)

0 comments: