:)

Learn the dance.. Live the dance.. Teach, talk and dance the dance!


"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Finally home.

Home, sweet, home.  I say that especially today, because we have been locked out of our house for the last 7 hours, due to the horrific incident on Fort Hood this afternoon.  I had gone to the doctor and the dentist this morning, and had left post to go pick up my kids.  As I got to my friend's house, apparently they locked down the post.  We are not allowed to pass any information due to OpSec, but if you turned your TV on at all today, I'm sure you know what happened. 

So, we spent the afternoon at a friends, and then another hour and a half waiting outside the gate to get in so we could go home.  Jon made it home before we did, seeing as how he was already on base at work.  We are all fine, just tired.  Thank you to all my wonderful friends and family that called, texted or emailed to check on us.  And thank you to those who passed the word on to others for us. 

Tomorrow, post will be closed.  It will be a day of silence for those who lost their lives.  Hug your family tight tonight, and thank God that you have them safe in your arms.  This could so easily have happened to anyone.  Say an extra prayer for the lives that have been shattered, and all of the families involved. 

0 comments: